Friday, November 19, 2010

Gobble Gobble, St. Mary's

Lab 6 was a Turkey Day for the children at St. Mary's.

Reflection:
     It was a fun day at St. Mary's. We saw the children work on their dribbling and kicking skills. Let me tell you that they surprised me, I think for the most part they were all doing a decent job doing it. I was in the cafeteria group this week and that consist of the upper grades. In the cafeteria we all played seven up, that was a game I haven't played in a while, I am not really good at it that is probably why I haven't a while. When we went up to the gym, it was hard getting them to play our games because they just wanted to do their own thing. But we tried and even though I don't think we succeeded. We TRIED and I think that is the most important thing you can do. If you don't try how do you know if it is going to work or not? In the beginning of trying to get them to play we tried to get their attention saying you want to play an amazing game and some did and we did play for a little while but they got bored and we ended up played basketball and soccer for most of the time. I like when Justen modified the chicken dance to the turkey dance I thought that was pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment