Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Day at St.Mary's!!!


Reflection:
    Going in I truly didnt know what to expect. But after visiting all the stations from outside, gym, Pre-K, cafeteria. I realize that it wasn't bad at all. I had a lot of fun playing with the kids and getting to know some. I played soccer, with a few of them and I realized that they don't like when we go easy on them and they knew it and got upset, so I started to play a little harder and lets just say they taught me a few things about soccer haha. They really have a fantastic imagination from playing outside on the playground and staying out of the lava from playing doll house, it was totally a great experience and it definitely put a smile on their face as well my mine as you can tell by the picture(I am the one on the left with the red shirt on). I wish Mr.Yang had a better picture of me ha. When you play around and have fun with them you forget that you are a college student you feel like you are one of them. They bring out the inner child in you. I am looking forward to continue my volunteer work with the children at St.Mary's.

No comments:

Post a Comment